Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told Fox News “the murder” had been a “tremendous mistake” and denied the powerful crown prince had ordered it. Yet he did order it. Just as Stalin order the deaths of those who apposed him, Mohammed bin Salman, in the 21st century just did the same thing. The difference? Well, it’s the 21st century! It’s called the Internet. It’s called justice. It’s called, we the global citizens don’t take shit anymore. We call it out when we see it. There are no excuses! Even for Mohammed bin Salman.
The Saudis, under intense pressure to explain Khashoggi’s whereabouts, have offered conflicting accounts. They initially said he had left the consulate on 2 October – but on Friday admitted for the first time he was dead, saying he had been killed in a fight. This claim met widespread skepticism.
Turkish officials believe Khashoggi, a prominent critic of the Saudi government, was murdered by a team of Saudi agents inside the building and say they have evidence to prove it. There is no question they are acting under orders to kill. Imagine that call! Mohammed bin Salman, “Make it look like he was never there”. This is a leader? Look, when I think of all the Internet “trolls” that seek to alter US elections, I get how Khashoggi was a thorn in Mohammed bin Salman’s side. I am sure he bothered him constantly with his editorials critical of the Saudi Royal Family. I hate being hassled just like the next guy. The difference is, I don’t kill people when I get mad. This trait in a leader speaks of character I don’t know can be changed. It doesn’t work on the global stage. To take a human life is damn serious.
How has the Saudi version of events changed?
Adel al-Jubeir’s comments, describing the incident as murder, are some of the most direct to come from a Saudi official. “We are determined to find out all the facts and we are determined to punish those who are responsible for this murder,” he said.
Theory: Here’s how it went down:
- Agent of/to the Saudi Royal Family called and confirmed Khashoggi took the bait and was “in the house”
- Mohammed bin Salman said ask him nicely to stop all critical activities, if he says no kill him and make him disappear
- Agents didn’t ask nicely, Khashoggi was angered
- Khashoggi tried to get up and flee for his life
- “A fight” ensued, think of it more as “Fight or Flight” by Khashoggi while agents of the SRF beat Mr Khashoggi
- They cut up Khashoggi into pieces to dispose of this body , “make him disappear”
- Cameras exposed everything to the world and there’s no where to hide what has been done
- A story was created to protect the SRF from negative press exposure that suggests it was a rouge agent to the SRF. If you think about it, such a person would have to have been angry at the SRF and done this to ruin them. How would it be possible to be a top agent and confidant to the SRF and do something so damaging?
“The individuals who did this did this outside the scope of their authority,” he added. “There obviously was a tremendous mistake made, and what compounded the mistake was the attempt to try to cover up.”
The minister also said that Saudi Arabia did not know where the body was and insisted the action had not been ordered by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, seen as the country’s most powerful figure. The world doesn’t believe it nor does it give a shit about anyone that can be bought.
“Even the senior leadership of our intelligence service was not aware of this,” he said, calling it a “rogue operation”.
However, Yeni Safak, a media outlet close to Turkey’s government, says it has information showing that the office of the crown prince received four phone calls from the consulate after the killing.
Reuters news agency reported on Sunday it had spoken to a Saudi official who said Khashoggi had died in a chokehold after resisting attempts to return him to Saudi Arabia. His body was then rolled in a rug and given to a local “co-operator” to dispose of.
A Saudi operative then reportedly donned Khashoggi’s clothes and left the consulate.
Source: New feed